Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Lindsay Lohan feared drug addiction would kill her



Lindsay Lohan feared that her addiction to drugs would kill her.

The "Mean Girls" star used alcohol and illegal substances to ease the pain of her personal problems, and said things got worse when her father Michael Lohan started giving interviews about her in 2007, reports femalefirst.co.uk.

"When my father was going public, that's when I hit rock bottom. I abused substances too much and it wasn't the answer to my problems," she said.

"I tried to mask my problems with alcohol, cocaine, and mind-altering substances. Now I'm in a place where I don't need to use anything and I feel emotions because I choose to.

"I never want to be close to losing everything I worked for and aspired to have my whole life.

"I've made some dreadful mistakes but learned from them - that has probably saved my life," she added.

Lohan got to know about cocaine because of her drug user father.

"I was only aware of cocaine because of my dad. I was terrified of it. But I tried it because I was stubborn, stupid and wanted to see what it was like," she said.

"It's not something I ever want to do again. It became uninteresting to me. I'm hyper anyway and I have that kind of personality, so I don't need something like that," she added.

No comments:

Post a Comment